So then friends, as we all know, Reliance Big TV is now in the market of DTH, and since I’ve been using Big TV for three months now, I feel I should give you some advantages and disadvantages of Reliance Big TV as compared to its counterparts in the market.
BIG TV Advantages:
- BIG TV is using the MPEG-4 technology which provides more space to carry channels then MEPG2. At the moment BIG TV channels providing 186 TV channels and 10 radio channels. They also have plan to add more then 250 channels in next few months. The MPEG Compression will allow space for much more channels as compared to Dish TV and Tata Sky.
- BIG TV has better picture quality then any other DTH. You can’t find pixellation problems on any channels and really enjoy digital quality. Sounds also better then other DTH providers due it being of Digital Quality, one can honestly say that Big TV can promote true DVD quality pictures as well as DVD quality sound (Although not the best, but still good)
- Their starting offers and packages are better then other DTH and provide more channels. Which will mean we will get more while paying less! Reliance is known to crush the market this way and they’re doing nothing different.
- One of the big advantage of BIG TV is they have all popular channels except Sports channel in their base pack which only cost Rs 175/month. This package contains all of the most popular channels
- You can enjoy crystal clear picture quality with BIG TV.
- You can enjoy 12 channels on one screen with their Select option, which means there will be no more troublesome channel switching.
- During rain, BIG TV’s signals are working better then other DTH and you hardly found Signals loss. This is because Big TV has learned from the experience of Tata Sky and DishTV about how to prevent signal loss in rain.
- You have detailed EPG for 2 days right now and it will be 7 days soon. You will also be able to set reminders for programs seven days in advance so you will never forget or miss another program again!
- You have Toll Free numbers for your help.
But as it is said, nothing can really be flawless. Therefore there are some disadvantages with Big TV as well, albeit they are heavily outnumbered by the positive points, nevertheless, here they are:
- BIG TV STB has random problems. Possibly because I was trying it when it was still in Beta stages? However all the problems have since been reported and most likely would have been fixed by now.
- Channel navigation is slower, it takes a little more time to browse through them.
- BIG TV logo is quite big, although it would be corrected in future.
So there you go, a detailed Big TV review from someone who has tried it first hand right here at SaveOnDish.com, if you have any other questions, queries or you just want to Discuss about BIG TV, check out our Reliance Big TV forum here: Advantages and Disadvantages