The Times of India has announced the star-rating index of Bollywood stars. It’s not at all an easy task as its judgment involves certain dimensions such as the stars’ Box-office performance, their brand endorsements, for how long they stay in the news whether it is TV, radio, print and internet and even how popular they are among their fans via internet and social media. All these are taken into consideration to obtain a candid result. The first rating is based on the numbers of September 2012 and the next would be in January 2013.
All these data are collected from various publications and TV channels for better authentication by TIMES Celebex, powered by zoom. Let’s see what they say for the stars in the female category:
1. Kareena Kapoor (now, Kareena Kapoor Khan) – Her huge fan followers, stunning looks and her attitude makes her to the top position in the star-rating. Her extra-ordinary performance in Ra.One and Bodyguard also made her to the list. Even the newly released Heroine had a good opening at the Box Office. Her recent matrimony to Chhote Nawab also grabbed media attention making it to the headlines and talk of the town. She is also endorsing currently 32 brands! Which is a wow figure.
2. Katrina Kaif – The gorgeous Katrina (famously known as Kat) has made herself to the second position. Her Ek Tha Tiger’s Box Office success also added an advantage for positioning herself in this list. She is currently endorsing as many as 25 brands. Her yet-to-be released and much awaited movie, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, keeps her in the news constantly. Her millions of fans curiously waiting for the release of this romantic movie which would definitely help her to move up of the position.
3. Priyanka Chopra- Beautiful Priyanka has got a good measure at the Box Office with her success in Don2 and Agneepath. Her extra-ordinary performance in Barfii helped her to gain the third position. She endorses 25 brands.
4. Bipasha Basu – Bips with her huge fan followers helped her to be in the top 5. Release of her new movie, Raaz 3, also helped her to be in the position.
5. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan- Her score at the Box Bureau is not withstanding because of her motherhood. But her daughter Aaradhya has helped her to stay in the news all the time. Because of her daughter Aaradhya, the search figure on the net went up to 1.93 cr in September. She also endorses many brands.
6. Sonakshi Sinha- With her success in Dabangg and Rowdy Rathore, Sonakshi enjoys her sixth position in this list.
7. Vidya Balan- Her success in No One Killed Jessica, The Dirty Picture and Kahaani has made her to the list. The much talked about film of her was The Dirty Picture which made her in the news constantly. She is also the third most renouned singer of Bollywood on the internet with as many as 98 lakh searches just in the month of September.
8. Deepika Padukone- Her huge success of her newly released Cocktail bagged her to the list. Also, her controversies in line also helped her to make to this list.
9. Anushka Sharma- After her hits, Band Baaja Baaraat and Ladies VS Ricky Bahl, Anushka scored a good one at the Box Office. She also endorses 10 brands which also helped her to the list.
10. Asin- Asin has done only 5 films in the Bollywood but among those five, three of them, Ready, Housefull 2 and Bol Bachchan have grossed 100 cr at the Box Office. Thanks to all her Khan co-stars that helped her to be in the news made her to the list.
Now let’s see what they say for the stars in the male category:
1. Salman Khan- With his success in Dabangg, Ready and Bodyguard, gained him to top of the list. Salman’s newly released Ek Tha Tiger, which grossed over 190 crore, further helped him to be at the number one position. With having huge fan followers, he being the most searched on the net with 1.1 crore searches. Also, Bigg Boss helped him to gain media attention.
2. Akshay Kumar- With his releases of Housefull 2, Rowdy Rathore and OMG!, Akshay gained the second position. Akshay endorses as many as 40 brands which also truly helped to gain this position! He is popularly known for his stunts and is addressed as “The Real Action King of Bollywood”.
3. Shah Rukh Khan- Shah Rukh Khan’s yet-to-be released Jab Tak Hai Jaan has helped him to gain this position. With the movie promotion, he is gaining a considerable attention of media. He also endorses 20 brands.
4. Ranbir Kapoor- With his fabulous performance in Barfii, he gained a top five position. With his controversies and brand endorsements, keeps him in the news always.
5. Amitabh Bachchan- The Bollywood megastar, Amitabh Bachchan, even at the age of 70, endorses as many as twenty-two big brands! His famous KBC show and his networking grabbed media attention.
6. Emraan Hashmi- With his new movie Raaz 3, gained a lot at the Box Office. Its promotions helped him to stay in the headlines throughout the month of September.
7. Ajay Devgan- Ajay Devgan’s new movie, Singham, was a hit at the Box Office and this helped Devgn to the much. Also his performance in Bol Bachchan gained him in the seventh position. His yet-to-be-released movie, Son Of Sardar, gained enough to gain this position.
8. Saif Ali Khan- The success of his new movie, Cocktail, gained a lot at the Box Office. Also, his alliance with Bebo (Kareena Kapoor), also gained much PR in September. He has 10 code endorsements which is helping me to gain PR.
9. Aamir Khan- Aamir having huge fan followers keeps him on the prominence. With Mr. Perfectionist not having done any after Dhobi Ghat, his PR is at low. But his arriving movies Talaash and Dhoom 3, would grab much media attention soon.
10. Hrithik Roshan- The success of Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and Agneepath, helped him to gain at the Box Office. His next, Krrish 3 would also gain some PR soon.